Thursday, April 2, 2015

Migrants

This afternoon, I finally found some blue-winged teal in university bay! There was also a double-crested cormorant swimming. A belted kingfisher was flying high and calling. However, the ice isn't gone. This is what the lake looks like north of picnic point right now.
Anyway, near the entrance, there was a field sparrow at the edge of the woods (odd place, I know). As we walked to biocore, we heard an eastern towhee singing, and later found a fox sparrow foraging. On the way back, we found a pied-billed grebe in 1918 marsh. 

I corrected an odd miss, too: blue jay. I'm really not sure if I accidentally didn't count it earlier or if I really hadn't seen one. I couldn't remember a notable sighting, so I didn't fill it in. Anyway, finally saw one definitively today at the picnic point entrance.

No comments: